Assessor Training and Continuing Education
To provide the best possible service to Indiana taxpayers, the Department conducts a mandatory continuing education program to ensure assessing officials across the state receive and remain up to date in assessment information. For more information about the statutory requirements for the Assessor-Appraiser Examination and Certification, see IC 6-1.1-35.5.
Beginning in November 2010, the Department will be offering online tutorials to allow individuals to work through the course material at their own pace. For access to the tutorial and more information about the self-paced work application, please see Level I and Level II access tutorials below.
Level I Certifications
2. pass the Level I examination designated by the Department; and
3. complete the continuing education requirements specified in section 2 of 50 IAC 15.Access online tutorial
Level II Certifications
2. pass the Level II examination designated by the Department;
3. complete the continuing education requirements specified in section 4 of 50 IAC 15; and
4. have previously attained certification as a Level I Assessor-Appraiser.Access online tutorial
Level III Certifications
- IAAO Course 101 – Fundamentals of Real Property Appraisal
- IAAO Course 102 – Income Approach to Valuation
- IAAO Course 300 – Fundamentals of Mass Appraisal
- IAAO Course 400 – Assessment Administration
- IAAO Workshop 151 – Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (Note: Successful completion of the USPAP class administered by another entity such as the Appraisal Institute may be used in lieu of IAAO Workshop 151.)
Classes taken to achieve a Level III Assessor-Appraiser certification can count as continuing education credits for a person’s Level II continuing education requirement. There are no online tutorials for the Level III courses.
Continuing Education Requirements
Tracking Continuing Education
September 2019 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Full Conference Member $300 Full Conference Member + USPAP $375 One Day Wed. Member $200 One Day Thurs. Member $200 One Day Fri. Member $125 USPAP Only Member $275 Full Conference Assessor Non-Member $600 Full Conference Assessor Non-Member + USPAP $750 One Day Wed. Non-Member $400 One Day Thurs. Assessor Non-Member $400 One Day Fri. Assessor Non-Member $250 USPAP Only Non-Member $550 Level I/II Member $375 Level I/II Assessor Non-Member $750